A bridge is a fixed replacement for a missing tooth or teeth. It’s made by taking an impression of the surrounding teeth, which will eventually support the bridge. A bridge is usually created from precious metal and porcelain and will be fixed in your mouth (unlike dentures, which can be removed).
Measurement, molding, and fabrication of a bridge generally require two appointments.
Dental Bridges Procedure Stats
- Insurance coverage: Yes; coverage varies based on carrier and plan
- Number of Dental Appointments: Two to three
- Results: One to two weeks
- Side Effects/Risks: Sensitivity, loose or collapsed bridge, removal of natural tooth structure, infection, allergic reaction
- Replacement Treatment Needed: Eight to 15 years
request an appointment
Use our quick connect form below or call (410) 879-4363. We will contact you to schedule an appointment within 24 business hours.